Things that are going away:
- Today’s three morning glories, now at sunset
- my sheet music for the Beethoven sonatas (only three of which I’ve ever played)
- the last of the pale green melon
- some shirts from 1986
- a sage pottery dish from Father Frank Prieto, “Santa Fe salsa priest”
- a Provence and an Umbria cookbook
- the droopy Stanford cow (plush)
- my just-uncovered rock with crystals and fool’s gold (stolen by squirrels? an outlier magpie?)
- a card with drenched yellow and blue fabrics, to carry blessings and apologies
Am I the better for all of this clearing? Not noticeably so…
But coming back on things I had forgotten (in myself as well); touching base or various old touchstones.
Amazed at how much stuff I have; how blessed I’ve been.
image: taillights, the long way home diaries