Monday, December 12, 2011

Reminiscence


Things that did in fact happen:

. salmon salad (reminding me of the little teashop two miles uphill from Lake Louise, where I ate salmon salad sandwiches and homemade biscuits with fruit jam and drank a pot of fragrant Earl Gray tea after the breathtaking hike)
. a tiny live evergreen tree, decorated with “JOY”
. Satsuma tangerines (the word in Chinese similar to luck)
. birds and berries on a gift bag
. asiago fennel sausages
. exhaustion, the usual December overload, despite all my efforts to ward it off


1 comment:

  1. Dear Christie,
    I love your blog. It is a review of the simple things in life I've always cherished and pampered myself with: a basket of tangerines, a quiet view from the window, the smoke from a cup of tea rising against the light.

    What you wrote on December 8th sounds like a verse from H.W.Longfellow's "The Rainy Day". I published a post on his poem a few days ago.

    I'm a professional actor and a freelance writer. I was looking for followers and ran into your blog. I saw you have "The Name of the Rose" as one of your favorite books. I posted an article last week with my experience reading Eco's novel.
    I think you might be interested in what I write. If that is so, I'd be happy to have you as a follower, leaving comments anytime you would like to share some feedback.

    Again, I love your blog and I'll be happy to be your follower and stop by anytime you post something new.

    All the best,
    Jay Paoloni
    jacopopaoloni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete