It occurs to me to consider the fine line
- between patience and procrastination
- between enthusiasm (or great love) and obsession
- between calm and lethargy
- between hunger and gluttony
- between content and discontent
between so many things.
I see us all carefully balanced there, like tightrope walkers (Elvira Madigan, walking to Mozart’s lovely music, before coming to her desperate end).
Or, like my other favorite image of the moment’s chancy hesitation there on the fine line, Rodin’s amazing capture of the “Spirit of Eternal Repose,” the statue poised at the very angle of toppling, but somehow, just there, a fine line short of it, finding that perfect, precarious repose.
image: Kelly Valentine