Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sink or Swim



Yes, I'm sinking under the weight of the books and paper around here.  My foray into collage in the winter didn't help; now I have lovely paper scraps by the bagful as well as all my writing (finished and un-) and enough reading to get me through a couple dozen years of convalescence.  I did try clearing some today, with these very partial results.

Books that I part with reluctantly:
Sherry Turkle, The Second Self
Walden
The Night Before Christmas with pop-up santas, shutters that open and shades that raise, and sugarplums literally dancing (and eyes twinkling), by means of a sliding piece

Books I can’t let go of:
my symbolic logic
The Ascent of Man
Misty of Chincoteague
Winnie Ille Pu
The Scholar Adventurers
Hildegard’s Healing Plants
The Perfect Egg, and Other Stories (Aldo Buzzi)
Rilke’s Book of Hours
Summer in Salandar (H.E. Bates)

Books I want to read again at once:
The Principles of Uncertainty
Selma (the philosophical sheep)
The High Road (Edna O’Brien)





No comments:

Post a Comment