Being listless makes me want to make lists, to compensate.
things I notice on the way home on Friday:
- an olive tree
- bright cherry-red pants at bus stop
- man selling flowers from his open trunk
- tall scarlet poppies
- clothes hung on the line in late sunlight
things that take my fancy in my present dull mood:
- this lovely outdoor sink and flowered boots
- rose, sweet orange, & geranium bathsalts
- papoutsakia: Greek eggplant “slippers”
- eggplants = “the garden egg”
- the van de Wetering mysteries, long ago read
So now I’m listing to the left . . .
List, list, O list! (says Hamlet)
images: sink, Provence Mon Amour